MANAGING THE TRAVEL BUSINESS
This course teaches seven essential skills to successfully manage a travel business. Gain basic managerial and negotiating skills to run your own business or advance your career. Learn about marketing, accounting and maintaining financial liquidity and profitability, industry related law, as well as tour production and event planning.
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Understand the manager’s roles and responsibilities within a travel agency
- Coach and motivate employees
- Develop sound negotiating skills
- Develop new products and services
- Arrange special interest travel and tour production
- Set up proper back office operations
- Administration and accounting
- Strategic management and negotiation
- Product development
- Meeting and event planning
- Sales and marketing plus developing a social media strategy
COMPLETING THE COURSE
This is a distance learning/self-study program requiring 125 hours.
By successfully completing the examination you will receive the Managing the Travel Business Course Diploma, and you will be eligible for Travel and Tourism Professional (TTP) certification.
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
This course can be taken as part of the Leadership& Management Training Program diploma.