GDS FARES AND TICKETING
OFFERED IN GALILEO, AMADEUS OR SABRE
Explore and interpret Global Distribution Systems Fares (GDS) by using mileage system pricing.
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Analyze GDS displays relevant to mileage system pricing
- Identify and price different journey types
- Read, interpret, and apply fare rules
- Check minimum-fare rules in pricing itineraries
- Use GDS to issue tickets for manually-priced reservations
- Introduction to mileage based air fares, analyzing itineraries and retrieving fares from a GDS
- Pricing one-way and circle trip practice exercises
- Limitations on indirect travel, side trips and surface sectors
- Backhauls, circle trips, journeys in different classes of service and alternative fare break points
- Lowest combinations, round-the-world journeys and minimum checks
- Airline fares desk agents
- Travel agents
- Airline ticket agents
- Call center agents
This course can be used toward the Proficiency Certificate in Agency Ticket Sales & Settlement
COMPLETING THE COURSE
- This is a distance learning course, delivered online through a web-based program.
- 100 hours of study are provided although an average of 50 hours of course study should be expected.
- Learners must already be familiar with GDS system functionality, basic commands, and have the ability to interpret booked itineraries.
The course is supported by a downloadable and printable Workbook with exercises, a list of GDS commands, maps and definitions of key journey pricing principles.
Examination is administered in paper-based format at an IATA examination venue. Successful candidates earn the course certificate.
Note: This course can optionally be combined with Harvard ManageMentor. Customers may contact us for more information.