This course is for the travel professional with basic knowledge and skills in air journey pricing and ticketing who wants to be recognized as the company or office expert. You will gain confidence in pricing more complex journeys that apply exceptions to standard pricing principles. A key additional benefit are study units on ticket exchanges and reissues resulting in a refund or an additional collection for the new ticket price or a penalty fee collection.
This course is available in printed textbook format.
- This course requires approximately 80 hours of study to be completed in 6 months.
- Student performance will be based on an examination.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Spot potential under or over-collections caused by incorrect ticketing or faulty application of IATA pricing rules and procedures
- Develop better problem solving and analytical skills when reading government and IATA regulations
- Discover and offer the most affordable fares
- Attract and retain customers based upon expertise
- Master complex ticketing entries and fare rule interpretations to provide better service to your customers
- Review of fare selection
- Currency conversion and rounding
- One way fare construction
- Round and circle trip fare construction
- Exceptions to minimum checks
- Normal fare open jaw pricing
- Pricing unit versus fare component
- Lowest combination principle
- Limitations on indirect travel
- Introductions to ticket alterations
- Reservation change
- Exchange transactions
- IATA course manual and workbook
- Online database of fares and rules
- IATA Fare Formula Reference checklist
Who should attend
- Travel agency employees and managers
- Travel agency owners
- GDS technologists
- Airline ticketing agents and managers
- Air fares and ticketing specialists
An IATA e-Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised online-based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 70
- Time Allowance: 2 hours
- Passing Grade: 70% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 1
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard Manage Mentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price of R4 320.